Bubbly and bright, Haylee is sure to brighten your day. But, she'll still make you work your butt off in class. A dancer and lover of learning, Haylee came to Studio 6 with a dance and traditional pilates background. Once she got on the megaformer, she knew she wanted to be an instructor. When he's at home she likes to read and avoids Junebugs at all costs. Learn more about Haylee below.
- Where are you from originally: Richardson TX
- Why do you love the Megaformer and the lagree method: I feel like it's the BEST workout and it doesn't hurt my bones!! Having been a dancer all of my life, I could never find a workout that really pushed me & didn't kill me at the same time. Lagree challenges my muscles and strengthens my body from the inside out- you don't get that anywhere else!
- What brought you to Studio 6: I had a classic pilates background from college (theory and practice) and just felt like I needed to find that foundation again. I went to Whole Foods one day, stumbled across Studio 6, and after one class asked how to be a trainer!
- What is your favorite Megaformer move: I am a HUGE fan of Mega Donkey Kick & Side Kick!
- Three things I cannot live without: food (of any kind), water, and a toothbrush.
- My favorite post workout snack: Anything with sweet potato & egg :)
- My biggest pet peeve: Negativity and chewing with your mouth open.
- My dream vacation: I would love to take a trip visiting different countries! Italy, Greece, Spain, London- the works! Of course doing different fun things in each country!
My favorite thing to do when I am not at Studio 6: I like to take dance classes (always a student), I LOVE reading and anything with a patio and the people I love:)
- Three words to describe me: Outgoing, humble, loving
- Unusual childhood memory: I am RIDICULOUSLY scared of junebugs. One family vacation, I was asleep in the back seat of my parent's van when we stopped at a gas station. My dad opened the trunk to get something out while everyone went to the bathroom- I however slept like a log. Well.... about fifteen minutes later I heard a thumping/rattling noise. It sounded like it was at my ear. I looked down and met eyes with a junebug. I FLEW to the front seat of the van screaming and crawled in to my moms lap (I was like 12.) I sat in between the captains chairs in the van from Louisiana to Jackson MS..... I refused to get back there until it was gone.
- Something most people don’t know about me: I am a huge promoter of gut health (#plexus), I - was a substitute teacher at one point, I have a degree in Dance, and I have been the same height since 5th grade.
- My personal fitness advice: Never quit learning and challenging yourself! There are always ways to be better, greater, and stronger. It's okay to fail and for it to be difficult... it's not suppose to be easy, but don't ever settle and quit. Keep breathing and remember, you're improving YOU.